When I was writing May This Be the Best Year of Your Life, I reached out to the world of book lovers for assistance. A host of strangers came to my aid and received no compensation for their time. Some agreed to be beta readers who provided useful constructive criticism. Others reviewed my book on Amazon, Goodreads, as well as a variety of other places. Another group of people interviewed me online, in print media, and on podcasts. To this day, I am grateful to everyone who helped to promote my award-winning book, May This Be the Best Year of Your Life.
For several years, I gave back to the writing community by offering book reviews and interviewing authors. A series of painful and debilitating orthopedic problems caused me to step back from this endeavor in 2015. Instead, I wrote numerous blogs offering helpful hints for people suffering similar medical issues.
In November 2019, I received two requests for book reviews. These emails made me stop and reevaluate the direction of this website. I decided to include book reviews and author interviews on this site. In the coming year, I look forward to taking my audience on journeys both near and far.
In 2020, I am focusing on books published within the last two years and interviewing authors whenever possible. For examples of my book reviews and interviews, please visit my Book Review and Author Interview pages.
Are you an author or publisher looking for a book review or author interview? Check out Sandy’s guidelines:
- Children’s and YA books with a unique message
- Fiction and Non-Fiction books with Jewish content
- Fiction and Non-Fiction books with a Travel or Food Theme
- Health and Wellness Books
WHERE TO SUBMIT REQUESTS
Please send a request to email@example.com. Please include the following:
- Book Title
- Links to Amazon and LinkedIn pages
- I will respond to all inquiries. A “good fit” will receive a request for a paperback or hard copy.
- I reserve the right to not finish the book and will contact the author with an explanation.
- I will only interview and/or review books after reading the book. My turn around time will be dependent on my travel schedule. I will provide a specific time frame upon acceptance and will notify the author if I anticipate a delay.
- I will forward the interview questions by email along with a recommended completion date. The authors may request an extension.
- Please return the answers with a jpeg image of the book cover and one or two digital images of the author.
- I may also post a portion of the review on Amazon and/or Goodreads.
- After the book review and/or interview is posted, please reciprocate by adding a link or two back to my website.
Authors may also request an autographed book giveaway in conjunction with the interview. A random reader will be selected from the people who comment on the interview. The author will be responsible for providing the autographed book and shipping it to the recipient in North America. Authors and/or publishers will promote the giveaway to the appropriate audience.